- Lack of strong encryption and authentication-based access of connected manufacturing assets
- Differentiating process changes indicative of cyber-attacks from common variations in manufacturing due to inherent system variability
- Lack of coordinated data recovery mechanism in case of a total system outage.
- Exploring blockchain’s potential for decentralization of critical manufacturing design and process-related data that enables highly secure peer-to-peer data transmission. Application areas: minimization of supply chain-related disruption, secure platform for shareable, immutable, and irreplaceable CAD files, the secured network for IoT data transmission
- Exploring authentication mechanisms for access to the manufacturing assets. Generation of secure one-time use tokens, biometric scans, AI-based recognition tools, etc.
- Developing an AI-based monitoring system for continuous tracking, detection, and alert system for cyber security threats.